Thursday, September 02, 2004

When The Going Gets Tough... Yank Some Weeds!!!

Another chaotic day in the countdown before school starts. Nick was able to get a drive down to Petitcodiac so that we could have the van for a doctor’s appointment for Erin. I covered for 2 other Weight Watcher leaders yesterday, so I needed to catch up on e-mail this morning... and the girls just kept getting on each other’s (and my) nerves. I spent some time on the phone with Nashville organizers planning the layout for next year’s Fantasy Faire and I am sure they heard the girls bickering in the background. How professional!!

Finally, I took them out to wear off some steam before the doctors and then we picked up some groceries on the way home. Tomorrow we head to Prince Edward Island to see another set of really good friends and spend the day at the beach. The weather has turned cooler, but it should at least be sunny.

By the time Nick arrived home tonight, I was feeling frustrated, frazzled and just generally grumpy... Like a dragon who just can’t reach an itch in the middle of her back, despite rolling around on all that lumpy, bumpy treasure. Nick offered to do the dishes and I headed outside to plant two presents from our neighbour who was splitting her perennials. I got really into yanking out a whole section of one plant that had taken over the back garden. Out with the yellow and in with the pink! Yanking all that out was truly satisfying.....

No comments: