Monday, August 14, 2006

Sunburned, Screamed Out and Giddy With Glee!

Thankfully, Embassy Suites offers a little refreshment when you show your room key between 5:30 and 7:30! After almost 7 hours at Carowinds today, my throat is pretty raw and we are just a little sunburned, despite liberal applications of suntan lotion all day. It was a blast to see how much more the girls enjoyed the visit this year.

Last year, Bethany was a bit too short for some of the rollercoasters, so our time was divided between the Nickelodeon section with the rides for younger children and the larger rides that she was able to go on. This year, my little thrill-seeking princesses even got me to go on the DROP ZONE. Bethany and I actually vowed NEVER to go on a ride like that again in our lives. Being raised to such a huge height and then DROPPED was terrifying. Luckily, Nick sat that one out because I think he would have been a bit pinched in the seats. He was brave enough to go on a whirling, mad ferris wheel-like one with the girls that had me cringing.

Unlike last year, we dressed appropriately and when we got SOAKED on many of the rides, we just grinned. Last year, we wore jean shorts, socks and sneakers, so we made squeaky, squishy noises through the park all day.

My only complaint about the whole day was that you get VERY hot and thirsty at a park like that. A 40 ounce souvenir cup of soda pop was $6.99 and then every refill was $1.99... but each bottle of water was almost $4.00!! If we are serious as North Americans about addressing the issue of childhood obesity, water should NOT cost more than a gallon of gas!!!

Tomorrow we head up to Lowe's Motor Speedway to tour the track and eat lunch at the Speedway Club thanks to some friends of ours. How thrilling!!!

As fun as the show was, it is nice to have a few days to relax with my family before the huge push to finish the children's book and get everything ready for back to school. I am forced to relax here because I don't have any more work with me, except for Santa's Dragon to stitch during the finale of Hell's Kitchen tonight!

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Glad you had a great time at the park! Yes they do rip you off when it comes to drinks! My newphew rode his first rollercoaster just a couple of weeks ago when I took him to La Ronde in Montreal!

The new designs look great! Can't wait to get my paws on Lost Dragon Sampler!

What did you think of the winner of Hell's Kitchen? I was very happy for her!

Relax and enjoy, you deserve it!