Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Someone Wake Me Up From This!!!!!

I guess the best news is that Erin was not barfy because of the flu, but rather a reaction to the increased asthma medicine to get her under control while she has this bad cold. She went off to school today sounding a bit better, even though getting up out of bed produced the same dizzies and gagging... she was fine after breakfast.

The nightmare is really with my eMac and I am reaching the end of what little rope I have left. What happens when the going gets tough? The tough get twisted....

‘Twas the week before Christmas
And all through the house,
A dragon was moping
And clutching her mouse...

(To the Tune of “All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth”)

All I want for Christmas is my eMac please... my eMac please... MY eMAC PLEASE!!!!

(To the Tune of “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”)

Please be FIXED by Christmas
Stitchers are counting on me!
They don’t want snow or mistletoe
Just dragons under their tree (or to stitch!)

After almost a month with a computer acting wonky and a week with NO graphics computer at all, I am getting just a little bit grumpy and panicky. I called the shop today and they told me that they still had no idea when that part would be shipping, so I spent almost 40 minutes on the phone with Apple Canada trying not to beg, plead, whine, cry, yell, use vulgar language or rant in order to get to the bottom of what is going on.

If the part is out there somewhere, find one and tell me WHEN I will have it. If there is a real problem getting said part and my 2 year old computer that is still under warranty (the store sold me THEIR extended warranty plan instead of the Apple one which I will never EVER do again!) then be honest with me and I will somehow find a way to buy a new one. I cannot survive without a Mac as a graphic designer and I have work to do for clients in the New Year as well as my own stuff.

I WANT MY MAC BACK!!!!!!!!! (dragon taking a deep breath so as not to melt the only working computer in her office into yet another heap of useless plastic)

I am REALLY sorry that everyone is having to wait for all the fun goodies stuck in the main computer. I should know in 48 hours whether that part can be found so until then I will just cross my fingers and toes.

At least I’m not looking at the flu sweeping through the house for Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, try asking the computer Angel to help you. You have to be confident and exact in what you want the Angel to help with. The parking Angel is wonderful at arranging a parking space when we come home from shopping. You have to truly beleive though!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit to a moment of glee at the news in the newsletter of new goodies. And a moment of disappointment over having to wait. But to be absolutely truthful, so as to not have you feeling badly, I wouldn't have time to stitch anything new, anyway. I have currently 4 BAPs that are in various stages of completion (ranging from nearly finished, to barely begun) as well as several charts and leaflets and books with projects that I *want* to stitch. And then there is my folder of computer files of the fun little freebies you lovely designers post up for we stitchers to stitch. With what I currently have on my shelf I will have to live to a very ripe (but hopefully not smelly) old age just to complete it all.

I hear there is an elixir of immortality - the Holy Grail of stitchers? hehehe.

Good luck with your computer woes. Wishes for you that it is a speedy repair!