Saturday, September 06, 2003

Enjoying the Colours Around Me...

Just a quick little blog for today after a wonderful time at friends. Sitting on their back stoop husking golden yellow corn under a deep blue fall sky... with that wonderful warm glow of sunshine on my back made me so aware of taking time to really look at the colours in the world around me. I wouldn't put those elements into a cross stitch design... and yet, just being aware of the colours and taking a few moments to really enjoy them and the simplicity of the task at hand (I like getting as many of those pesky corn silk strands off the corn before I cook them) somehow recharged a creative battery. Artists do see the world with slightly different eyes. My friends caught me staring at the fall sky and looked up to see what had entranced me. "Just the colours..." I replied and watched them shake their heads. It didn't matter. I felt more alive for that moment.

You know you are a stitcher when you think of colour in terms of floss numbers. I drive my graphic designer friends crazy because I think in floss rather than PANTONE numbers now.

Stop and peek at the colours around you this week!

Jen at Dragon Dreams

No comments: