Wednesday, April 26, 2006

All Packed and Ready To Fly...

For the first time in a long time, I am going to head to bed at a reasonable time before leaving for a show! I’m all packed, I’ve checked over my notes, props, slides, stitching etc. and don’t think I’ve forgotten anything... so I wanted to celebrate with a quick blog entry before I leave.

I was surprised that Erin was more clingy tonight than Bethany. They find it hard to go to bed knowing that I will be gone by the time they wake up. Bethany tried to insist that she would wake up at 5 am with me to say goodbye. Erin just clung to me and insisted that she didn’t want me to leave. Teaching her to let go is also helping me because I know that I am the one who will have to learn to let go on so many levels during her teen years as she begins to assert her own identity and independence. I can see it starting already... and I just shake my head wondering where the time went.

A savvy stitcher passed a link on to me today knowing that I’d be interested in getting in touch with these ladies and taking the message to a broader level. This is an example of a terrific site that is both educational and informative without pulling any punches. Bravo to a well designed, well written and well thought out site Stop Piracy . Cross Stitch is certainly not the only craft to face this type of piracy in a digital age!

I’m off to Toronto for a wild and wooly weekend of crafts, lectures, information, inspiration and cross stitch! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

No comments: