Monday, December 11, 2006

At Least I Know What's Wrong Now...

A new week has begun and I am learning to cope with a tempermental computer. The new logic board is on order and will hopefully be here this week or early next. Funny how one thing can make such an impact throughout the computer, but that IS the part that controls so much of how things run. I was trying to explain it to Bethany... who can see that the computer is acting funny but doesn't understand its insides (I'm not sure that I understand it much better!). I told her that part of the computer's brain isn't working properly but that the place that keeps all the information will be OK. It turns out that the drive should be fine once the new logic board is in, but I am still trying to transfer as much info to my external hard drive just in case...

It is a bit frustrating to have the thing here and not be able to use it reliably... but at least I can get on now and then to try stuff. We have a meeting at church tonight and the poor machine has crashed twice when I try to print stuff out, so I am going to blog this and then turn it off again for a rest...

All I want for Christmas, Santa, is a working computer!!! (well... and maybe some chocolate or art supplies!)

No comments: