Monday, January 19, 2004

Half a world away doesn’t seem so far tonight...

I guess, since the clock struck midnight here over half an hour ago, that I should say this morning instead of tonight... but I am far to giddy with the fact that everything is now burned to CD for the RuneKeeper Saga and ready to go off to the printer’s in about 7 hours.

The snow for the snowstorm that is supposed to hit us overnight and into the day has already started and the three Aries in the household were performing various forms of the snow dance before bed. Schools have been closed since last Wednesday morning due to the extreme cold... so will snow be the cause of yet another cancellation?? Time will tell. At least this time I won’t be hiding in the basement while my saint of a husband plays with the kids on the other floor like Friday!

One of the real reasons that I feel so giddy and finally confidant about getting RuneKeeper off to be printed is that my sister Laurie, a far more talented writer herself, has done an amazingly deft and thorough job of sifting through the .pdf files that I sent to her over the weekend... and even called me from Japan to go through the corrections! Just hearing her voice as we tweaked a few things and caught a whole bunch of typos was reassuring and made it feel as if she were far closer than half a world away. One of the many blessings I count in my life is the fact that my relationships with both my siblings have that ability to transcend time and distance. After hanging up with her, I felt as close as if we had been sitting together chatting over a mug of tea. I only hope that Erin and Bethany know the joys of having a sister become a true friend. (See... I did warn you that I might write about you in my blog, Laurie!)

So as the snow falls quietly outside my office window and I gather my papers together as well as my thoughts, Tokyo and my sister’s smile don’t seem so far away. Thank you, Laurie!!

No comments: