Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Growing Pains...

I’ve been sifting through piles of paperwork again today and hating every moment. I have finally come to the conclusion that it is time to pick some of the tasks that take me the longest to do (ie. accounting, inventory etc.) and contract some of it out or delegate. Erin will be 9 in a few weeks and I am sure that once a month, she could sit there and check the stock that I have made up or start to help with batching orders for distributors. I have a few leads on accountants in the area that know small business needs... but will they understand mine? It is hard to find someone to work with that way, but it is time!

Everyone in the house seemed grumpy today for some reason. I think we are all still tired from the weekend’s chaos. I’ve been trying to get my work done earlier in the week because there is no school on Thursday or Friday. We’ve just had report cards come out, so tomorrow after school and Thursday are parent/teacher interviews and then Friday is a professional development day. Since Nick will need the car, I have decided to send Bethany to daycare tomorrow and keep her home on Friday. We girls will stay in our jammies and have a “princess day” while Dad is working. This time that means snacks, crafts, drawing sessions and playing our new Harvest Moon “It’s a Wonderful Life” on the Game Cube. Dare I hope that they will sleep in a bit?

No comments: