Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Clock Is Ticking...

Today was an absolute zoo... from washing dishes in the bathtub upstairs because of the broken faucet to desperately trying to finish 2 more illustrations for the children’s book before my meeting with the author... from a wonderful chat with my sister to Erin and a friend thumping directly over my head as I drew with their card game.

It always feels like there are never enough hours in the day before a trade show, but this year that is amplified by needing to work on the children’s book and doing my Weight Watcher’s meeting all tomorrow morning.

There are a few moments... like right now... when I wonder what it would be like to have a 9 to 5 job, a steady paycheque, a pension plan and actual 2 week paid vacation... but then I look at how this creative, wacky career of mine fits in with our family, allows me to be here when the girls get off the bus etc.

Nick always smiles at this point and tells me that I could never go back to working for someone else because I like control too much... and he’s probably right, but sometimes the idea is tempting. At least for 30 seconds!

No comments: