Friday, August 11, 2006

Setting Up, Making Copies and Unpacking Found Luggage!!!

Well, Bethany didn't have to share her undies after all! This morning, we drove out to the airport, on the advice of the baggage control center in Houston,to check with an actual person to see if the bags had arrived in the wee hours of the morning. Apparently they got into Charlotte around 3:20 am and were promptly locked into a nice room to keep them safe, but no one had entered them into the system as arrived. By going out ourselves, we were able to get the bags back to the hotel and change into clean clothes BEFORE I had to teach my class at 10:45 am. Yay!!
After that, we grabbed some lunch at Chick-Fil-A and did the various running around, making copies of order forms, picking up a few groceries and stuff that I'd fogotten to pack (like clipboards) etc.

The girls were VERY glad to have a swim in the hotel pool at last and now that the room is set up for the show and I have blogged, I am heading off to bed. Tomorrow will be a busy day, but at least I will sleep more soundly tonight knowing that all our stuff is here with us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great Jennifer! So glad you got your clothes and supplies in time. Have a great show!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your stuff showed up. Enjoy the show!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Mmmm Chick-Fil-A one of the places I always want to eat when I can find one! Love the waffle fries!

Glad everything worked out!!!

Best of luck with the new designs!

Erin (moviemuse) said...

I'm so glad you got your stuff on time! Whoever told you to check in person should be blessed for all time. {{{hugs}}} Hope the rest of the trip goes smoothly.